The feature of hosting virtual training (in SuccessFactors learning it is called Virtual Learning System (or in short VLS)) has existed in SuccessFactors Learning for a long time but having to utilise an additional service such as Cisco WebEx or Adobe Connect has often been an obstacle for companies to use this great feature.
By integrating Microsoft Teams to SuccessFactors Learning, system administrators can directly create and schedule training sessions that will be delivered in virtual meeting rooms through Microsoft Teams.
This brings a lot of very useful functionality with it that will improve the user experience and make instructors and administrators life easier.
- This integration allows to set up meeting rooms, using the Primary Instructor’s Team account to create the meeting
- The instructor will automatically be the Meeting Room owner, ensuring all the required permissions
- If the class is spread out over several time slots several meeting rooms will be set up to accommodate this
- If the class is updated or deleted in SuccessFactors Learning the Teams Meeting will automatically receive this update
- Specific notifications for VLS to ensure all required details will be provided for your employees – this includes Meeting link and password if required
- The Calendar Invitation sent out is also specific for Virtual Live Sessions, ensuring the calendar meeting will include all needed details
- Employees can join the meeting directly from their learning assignment
Configuration to Microsoft Teams
Configuring the Teams integration involves a set of activities that are performed in the Microsoft Azure Portal and in the SuccessFactors Learning Module. The set up requires VLS configuration file for Microsoft teams in SAP SuccessFactors Learning. The configuration file requires information from the Microsoft Azure Portal. The information is generated when you register Microsoft Teams app in the Azure portal and expose Web APIs.
- Register SuccessFactors Learning as an application on the Microsoft identity platform
- Allow SuccessFactors Learning to access Teams information by “Exposing APIs” – to allow the applications to communicate
- Allow SuccessFactors Learning to access online meetings on behalf of a user – to set up meetings as instructors
- Create client secret
Configuration in SuccessFactors Learning
- Enable VLS in LMS
- Add Teams VLS configuration file
- Download the latest version of the VLS configuration template for MS Teams which is available in the SAP Help portal.
- Insert the required Customer-specific information acquired from the Azure portal and set up to the Teams configuration file template.
- Update all the instructors you wish to give access to host Virtual Learning Sessions
- Provide a training in how to utilize the integration in the best possible way
- Show notifications the Virtual Learning Sessions use and how to update them
- Allow for secure testing – everything will first be set up in your test environment, so you are sure what the solution is about before using it for your whole company!
By integrating SAP SuccessFactors Learning + Microsoft Teams, you can create powerful automated processes that unlock the full value of your SuccessFactors Learning and Microsoft Teams solutions and making your daily tasks much easier!
At Zalaris we will help you through the whole process
- Knowledge support in Microsoft Azure Portal
- Handle all configuration in SuccessFactors Learning
- Support you with your testing and processes
- Future user support
- If you already have SuccessFactors Learning and Microsoft Teams you will have no additional license cost!
If you are looking out for integrating SAP SuccessFactors Learning with Microsoft teams or just looking around to know what is happening in the SuccessFactors Learning space, then we’re here to help you. Contact us here.
Why do you need a SuccessFactors Learning strategy that’s right for you and your organisation?
Organisations that embrace a culture of learning often outperform the competition. With SAP SuccessFactors Learning, orgaisations can:
- Improve employee skills, reduce compliance risk, and effectively train external learning audiences.
- Allow users to manage a comprehensive learning program in an easier and more streamlined way.
- Provide the flexibility to meet the specialised needs of your organisation that can yield significant efficiencies for your workforce, regardless of size.
Whether you’re in the market for a one-off integration or a business-critical workflow that requires billions of events run daily, Zalaris can help you handle vast volumes of data to scale as your business grows.