This gave us an outlook on the changes that you can expect during such product transitions. In the second part, we are presenting you the plans that SAP can offer to you for this process. They will serve as guidelines to remember during the change, along with shaping the HXM future. Our discussion will have two programs in interest: the HXM Move and the Rise with SAP. We will be presenting our strategies to you in this blog.
Gradual transition to the cloud
HXM Move is relatively not a new product from SAP. It is rather considered as one of the renowned concepts by SAP, only with a new title. HXM Move is a product that SAP is using to draw its customer’s attention to new possibilities. Their goal here is to encourage their customers to use the new SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite. Consequently, getting their existing customers on-board with a new way forward. This would allow them to enjoy the proven benefits, while also gaining new offers. Resultantly, this will prove in a gradual transition and a better service.
What is HXM Move?
HXM Move is a way to encourage existing customers to show the benefits and usage of SuccessFactors HXM Suite. The plan is to persuade the companies that use HCM as an integrated system. However, they are also targeting the companies that use HCM as a standalone system. All these users are to be transitioned to the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite, here the transition is planned to be gradual and partial. Although, this would entail numerous technical challenges. Even though SAP HCM always runs on-premises, SAP SuccessFactors works on cloud. Additionally, HXM is quite different with its approach from HCM. HCM views employees as business objects, while HXM perceives them as people with emotions and needs. It regards them as the most important aspect of a company. Hence, HXM has a variety of functions to record signals from the workforce. You can use it to measure employee satisfaction, which can help you improve the working environment. It can also help you heighten motivation, and effectively strengthen productivity. Finally, it can also help you monitor and reduce brain drain of your dissatisfied professionals.
Technical and contractual details
SAP SuccessFactors’ first draft no longer contains many of its previous on-premise solution functions. However, due to close contact with their users, SAP can do important adjustments according to their needs. SAP has added many functions, especially in the interest areas of core HR. Now, the system allows organisations to be mapped and monitors data. SAP has also included the representation of knowledge processes. They have also transferred time management to the HXM suite, making it more convenient with a cloud solution. For instance, your employees can now comfortably log on and off via browser. It also comes with a convenient interface available especially for mobile devices. Along with that, they get immediate access to results, and can check them conveniently. There are also planning improvements in payroll functions. However, these are pilot projects at the moment. Another area of proposed improvement is the interface between your on-premise solution and the cloud.
There are also some key innovations from a contractual perspective. Instead of a one-off licence, SAP now offers you the option of Software-as-a-Service or SaaS. This has numerous advantages for your company. For instance, investments in IT infrastructure are no longer needed. Additionally, you no longer have to worry about its maintenance. Due to the shortage of skilled workers in this niche, this sounds like a relief.
Our offers for the transition of the systems
Zalaris would be happy to assist you to help shape the HXM future with its offers. First, we check your current infrastructure. Then, based on that, we determine which offer suits your needs. We will give you in-depth understanding of the advantages and the disadvantages. This way you can decide the areas where migration would make sense for you. We provide you with 3 alternative options:
- Talent Hybrid: You will be free to use your HCM on-premise. Along with this, you supplement your system with individual talent modules from the cloud. For example, you can integrate services for recruiting or learning.
- Core Hybrid: In this solution, you migrate the master data cloud. The Employee Central in the SuccessFactors system is used here. Individual subsystems, for instance, time management and payroll, run on-premise.
- HXM Suite completely in the cloud: All HR functions are moved to the cloud. These include talent management, time management and payroll. There is an integration into the existing ERP system, which you continue to use for other tasks.
On the basis of this, we create a specific SAP HXM strategy together with you. We orient the specifics according to your company requirements. With this roadmap for HXM, we keep the end of maintenance by 2027 in consideration. This way, necessary measures are taken within sufficient time, ensuring a smooth transition.
Rise with SAP – transforming your entire business suite
SAP has also launched another program for customers in Rise with SAP. Contrary to HXM Move, this is not solely aimed at the HR area, but at the entire business suite. The goal here is to not switch to the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite. Instead, the entire system is to be converted to the new S/4HANA technology.
Migration to S/4HANA
In the first blog, we explained the end of support scheme for SAP HCM from the provider by 2027. Considering that, it is necessary to seek alternate technology by 2027 at the latest. SAP introduced the S/4HANA as the successor technology. With the Rise with SAP, SAP wants to guide you through the process. Due to this, numerous possibilities are open to you. One goal during development was to make it easier to use for you. Hence, SAP can provide you with a complete infrastructure of your wish.
Three options for implementation
On switching your system to S/4HANA, you have the option to choose from three different packages. Hence, it is paramount that you check carefully which option suits your preference.
- The first option is installing S/4HANA on-premise – similar to the previous system. To do this, SAP has developed a “lift-and-shift” system. This essentially means that you have the ability to transfer your entire system to S/4HANA. All individual functions remain intact. This is of particular interest for you if you have developed extensive customisations. Investments are preserved in a similar fashion. Speaking in the context of your previous system, you retain complete control. Nevertheless, you need to take care of the maintenance along with the infrastructure.
- Your second alternative is setting up a private cloud for S/4HANA. In this case, SAP provides you support for infrastructure and all other services. Such an option is especially valuable in the instance of customers who have a shortage of maintenance personnel. You can always retain your individual settings and additions here as well.
- Finally, you can go for the option of transferring your systems to the public cloud. However, you don’t get the freedom to opt for individual adjustments here. Therefore, it is necessary to check for all previous services carefully. The systems cannot be precisely transferred at predefined standards in the public cloud. This influences the limits on customisation options. However, you get to benefit from a simple service that you can completely outsource.
Offers for the integration of HXM
The use of S/4HANA is effectively a technical change. Speaking in terms of content, the new offer is also based on the former HCM. Nevertheless, you can also benefit from HXM as a part of the Rise with SAP. SAP has put together various packages for the same. These packages integrate different services from the SuccessFactors HXM Suite. Here, the basic package is “Structure for Success”. The package includes the SuccessFactors Employee Central and the SAP Workzone for HR along with many others. SAP provides you with a second option called, “Rethink for Innovation”. This option supplements the first package content with services for training and building competence. Examples for this include, SuccessFactors Learning and SAP Content Stream. SAP offers the third solution under the name of “Transformation of operative processes”. Here, the focus is on optimising the operational process. Additionally, this also includes the SuccessFactors EC Payroll.
We support you with the implementation
At Zalaris, we provide suitable offers for Rise with SAP. You will receive information on various packages. And we support in selecting the one that suits you. First, we analyse your current environment, based on which we design a user specific roadmap. This way, you are ensured that your system transfer process runs in a smooth manner. An overview of the options for actions will be available for you to choose from, in part 3 of our blog-series.